Monday, April 28, 2008

BeDevilRayed

Wow, was that gross or what? I'm actually just going to pretend that the whole ex-Devil Rays series never happened...not a whole lot to say about this series, just need to wake the bats back up. Papi sat 2 of 3 games which is a little worrisome...hope that knee is holding up and for GOD'S SAKE Papi, please cut the crap with the head first slide/dives...you're going to break something one of these times, we'd much rather have your bat in the lineup tomorrow versus you beating out hit into the shift...relax a little, just a little, it is April after all...the only good news is that we pitched well in these games so one would think that if we keep that up we're in pretty good shape when we have the full lineup back...for now we'll give the Devils their due and congratulate them on their little sweep and for being atop the AL East right now...enjoy it while it lasts, you're a talented little team and you'll provide some more problems than usual this year, but I just don't think the pitching for this club will be the same in July, August and September as it is now...and that'll kill them if they manage to hang around that long...

One fun note, the return to the Red Sox of Brian Corey!!! Woo hoooooooo...I love having him around...he's like a comic book character out there...and he's one of the 7 players that makes me think I could have played pro baseball...thanks for that Brian, now enjoy getting shelled in 3 of every 4 outings...

We have a much needed day off today and then the ever underachieving Blue Jays coming in, so hopefully we can get back on track with a little R&R and a home-cooked meal...

GO SAWX!!!

1 comment:

Willie Tuttafucco said...

Dude you know I'd never tell you what to buy for me but should the opportunity ever arise, I would be honored to be to rock the Brian Corey jersey alongside you with #24.

I can picture it now...

Seriously, or maybe not, I've been sitting here for the last 5 minutes trying to pull a Sports Guy and come up with the equivalent for me and hoops.

Initially, my instinct was to say B. Scal but he's too easy a target and he's got enough bulls eyes already on his back.

I'll have to put some additional thought into this...